Have you ever wondered how all those Lyft cars get their fuzzy pink mustaches? After you become an approved driver, Lyft sends you a big box containing all the stuff you need to start driving. Here’s the cool part: It’s all free!
I became a driver for Lyft in Orange County, California in October of 2013 and after I went through the breezy application process I received this swell box in the mail:
Oooh! What’s Inside?
Yes! Finally got my pink mustache! But what’s this other stuff?
Here’s what Lyft gives you (for free!) in your new driver’s box:
- Your Pink Mustache — attaches to your car with three included wires
- Bag holding coupon cards for drivers to hand out
- Bag containing universal cellphone mount
- Bag with USB charger, USB cellphone charger cables
- 2 Port USB car charger — Fits in cigarette lighter/auxiliary socket
- Micro USB to USB cable (For nearly all phones except iPhone)
- Apple 30 pin to USB (For iPhone 3g,4,4s)
- Apple Lightning to USB (For iPhone 5, 5s)
- 8mm audio cable (Connects to car auxiliary port so you can play music from cellphone/handheld device on your car speakers)
- New driver welcome letter, mustache instruction manual
Some people are suspicious when they hear that anyone with a newer car can drive for Lyft — I know I had my doubts!
“Do you have to buy anything or pay a membership fee? I bet that pink mustache costs $50! Ha!” says your suspicious friend.
I paid exactly $0 to become a driver for Lyft. And with all the free stuff they send to you, you’re totally equipped to entertain your riders and keep your phone charged and mounted while your drive.
After I got my box of stuff, I started driving the next day.
Leave a Reply