Have you noticed that Lyft drivers are everywhere in Los Angeles? I see them on the freeway, on the streets, parked near the Staples Center, cruising through Hollywood and the Sunset strip.
But is driving for Lyft in Los Angeles a good job? Does it pay a decent wage and is it a good job? I’ve driven for Lyft in Los Angeles and I’ve talked to other LA Lyft drivers, so read on to hear how it really is.
If any city is going to provide a full-time income for a Lyft driver, it’s Los Angeles.
Woah! — You can get a big signing bonus if you become a Lyft driver in Los Angeles
Apply to drive for Lyft in Los Angeles now and receive a $100 bonus after you complete 20 rides in 30 days.
Driving for Lyft in Los Angeles: The Good ($$$$!)
Here’s what Los Angeles Lyft drivers say is good about driving for Lyft.
- Weekends are crazy-good: At least $20/hour and even more after the bars close
- Tons of events: Staples Center, LA Convention Center, Hollywood venues. All bring in money
- Lots of college students: UCLA, USC, SMCC, LACC, and other colleges provide lots of customers
- Big night life scene: People are out every night of the week partying, drinking, going to shows, etc.
- Daytime commuters: People use Lyft in LA to get to and from work, so commute hours are very profitable
The not so good (Traffic)
Lyft drivers do have some complaints:
- Getting stuck in traffic: But hey, if you have a passenger, you’re getting paid
- Gas expenses: It’s a huge, sprawling city, so you’ll be driving lots of miles. You can write off gas expenses, but still expect to pay 10% of your fares on gas
Job outlook — Part time work or full time?
Can you drive for Lyft full time in Los Angeles, or is it a better part-time gig? In general, most Lyft drivers work part-time as a way to supplement their income, but can choose to work 8 hours a day if you want to. You choose your own hours, so it’s totally flexible.
If any city is going to provide a full-time income for a Lyft driver, it’s Los Angeles. The market is gigantic and almost everyone knows about the app. Based on my research and observations, you can make $40k+ working full time for Lyft in Los Angeles.
Driving part-time for Lyft in LA is a no-brainer for anybody with a car and some spare time to drive. You’ll definitely make $20+ per hour on the weekends.
Apply now to drive for Lyft! New driver bonuses are $50 - $500
- Apply to drive for Lyft. Complete the required number of rides to earn your bonus. Bonuses vary city to city.
- Subscribe below to access my free guide "How to Make a Living Driving For Uber and Lyft." You'll learn how to get hired and how to make more money.