Here’s a huge moneymaking opportunity for working Lyft drivers: You can make $100, $150, or up to $250 for referring new drivers to the app, and referring a new driver is as easy as sending a link. I’ve boosted my monthly income by ~$300 just by referring new drivers.
Who should you refer to the app? Your friends, your family, or even passengers who are so impressed with your job that they want it too. Driving for Lyft is a great job for anybody who owns a car, so you can try to recruit almost anyone.
Here’s the beauty: Hardly any Lyft drivers take advantage of this opportunity, so there’s a good chance that you’ll be the first to approach your friends with the idea.
How to Refer a New Driver to the Lyft App
Referring a new driver is easy, so easy that it’s basically free easy money sitting around that almost nobody claims. Here’s how to make the referral:
- If you’re not already a Lyft driver, apply here
- Login to the Driver Portal
- Click ‘Referrals” in the left menu
- Copy the link provided and send it to your referral
- Or, you can enter friend’s phone number or email address and Lyft will send them an application that gives credit for the referral
The Rules & Fine Print
- To get paid, your referral has to complete 20 rides in 30 days. Make sure to bug them to get on the road!
- You can’t share your link with a paid promotion, like a Google Adwords or Facebook ads