Note: This page contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission for referring you to the companies linked on this page.
Delivery apps offer some of the most flexible gigs out there. Most vehicles qualify, and many apps hire any driver age 18 or older.
If you’re interested in a gig as a delivery driver, here are the top delivery companies and our best resources about each one.
With on-demand food delivery companies, drivers use an app to pick up and deliver restaurant orders.
The largest on-demand food delivery app in the US. DoorDash accepts any vehicle, and drivers 18 and older qualify.
- Apply to deliver with DoorDash
- DoorDash Driver Requirements
- See How Much DoorDash Drivers Make
- About Top Dasher, Peak Pay, Early Access Scheduling, & the Large Order Program
- Driving for DoorDash vs Uber Eats
Uber’s on-demand food delivery app. Pick up deliveries from restaurants & local businesses, then deliver to customers.
- Apply to deliver for Uber Eats
- Driving for Uber Eats: What it’s like to deliver food for Uber
- How Much Uber Drivers Actually Make: Latest Data
- How to Switch from Uber Eats to Uber Rideshare
- See Examples of Uber Eats Pay: The Highs and Lows
Shoppers for grocery delivery apps travel to stores, pick out items, then deliver the orders to customers.
Grocery delivery can offer higher payouts than food delivery apps, but the work can be more time consuming.
The top grocery delivery app in the US. Instacart shoppers visit stores to shop for items, then deliver the order to customers. Any vehicle qualifies.
- Sign up to become an Instacart shopper
- How to Become an Instacart Shopper
- See How Much Shoppers Make
- Are Double Batches Worth it for Instacart Shoppers?
- The Instacart Ratings System
A grocery delivery service that was acquired by Target. Shipt shoppers visit stores to pick out items, then deliver the order.
Primarily a Walmart delivery app, it also partners with other major retailers like Home Depot. Pick up orders from stores and deliver them to customers.
- Delivering for Spark? See Driver Pay, Requirements, and More
- Earn Big from Shopping and Delivery Orders on Spark
Package and Item Delivery
Package delivery can pay more than food delivery, and you don’t have to deal with food and restaurants.
Use your own vehicle to deliver for Amazon. Choose your routes and see your earnings upfront.
- Amazon Flex Guide: Requirements and Job Overview
- No Offers on Flex? What You Can Do
- Decoding Amazon Flex Order Types, Routes, and Warehouse Locations
- How to Keep Your Amazon Flex Ratings High
- Preferred Scheduling in Flex: Get More Reserved Offers
On-demand convenience delivery. goPuff creates local warehouses that store convenience items and other everyday items, and drivers perform local deliveries
Vehicle requirements: Does your car qualify for delivery apps?
Most delivery apps accept almost any vehicle. That’s a big advantage over Uber and Lyft, which require newer vehicles.
So if you have an older vehicle, you may be able to work for a delivery company without having to invest in a newer car.